Monday, November 3, 2014

Ways to combat stress

It's the start of a new week again. Everyone would complain of Monday blues, but fret not! I'm here to share with you guys some ways of how I combat stress! Be it work, studies or family, stress is everywhere. You cant run away from it, thus we should face our stress and challenge it instead. Here are my tips on how to combat stress. It might not work for all, but there is no harm trying right?




1) Rest

Whenever I feel stress, I tend to sleep it off because I feel that there is no point stressing over things when my brain is not functioning well. After a good hour or two nap, I feel more energetic and I can think better thus think of ways of how to overcome my problems. 

2) Exercise

If I cant sleep it off, I would go for a jog at my fave place. At the same time, spend some time alone to look at the scenery. When you sweat it out, you would released hormones and chemicals which makes you function better. 

3) Music 

I love to blast EDM music when I'm tired or stress. It's a little noisy but the beats makes me feel more alive and it keeps me awake especially when I'm burning the midnight oil for exams or assignment. 

4) Food

I love to sip on my chamomile tea from Marks & Spencer after I get back home from school or before I go to bed. It has a soothing effect and it relaxes my body. I'm sure most of you guys love chocolates right? When you are stress, it's a great opportunity to grab some choco bars to munch on! Especially dark chocolates which researchers said that it help to lower blood pressure. Not forgetting every morning after breakfast, I will take Vitamin B complex tablets. It helps to reduce stress and fatigue. 

5) Talk it out

I always share my problems with my close friends or family. It's good to talk to somebody when you feel stress as they can advise you on how to tackle your problems. Try not to bottle things up, because it can lead to depression. It would be nice if someone were to give you a big warm hug, it really makes your day and feel so darn good!! :D

6) Retail Therapy 

Not sure about guys, but as a lady, sometimes retail therapy does help me to reduce stress. But that is if you have the money to do so, if not I dont think it's advisable. Because I'm sure most of the items bought are on impulse. /:

7) Party 

I love going to party because I can let loose and just get crunk with my ladies without stressing over my problems. After tons of booze, it will aid in my sleep exception of hangover. When I wake up the next day, I will tell myself to face the reality and bam, my day gets productive. Reason why? I supposed once you had your fun, you know it's time to work hard not to ruin your academic performance.


Alright, that's about it. Feel free to share with me your ways of combating stress! Goodnight my dear readers! :D





No comments :

Post a Comment